We are hiring! We are seeking a dedicated community member to serve as a Housing Location Specialist. The Housing Location Specialist will develop and maintain working relationships with Lancaster landlords and property managers for the purpose of locating and securing housing for residents residing in Southern Lancaster City
Housing Location Specialist (part of the SoWe program)
Tabor Community Services, a non-profit community benefit organization providing programs and services to foster housing and financial stability in Lancaster County, PA, is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Housing Location Specialist employed and supervised by Tabor/LHOP as part of the SoWe program.
The Housing Location Specialist will develop and maintain working relationships with Lancaster landlords and property managers for the purpose of locating and securing housing for residents residing in Southern Lancaster City. For the full list of functions, please read the full job description.
Key Qualifications include:
- 2 years of post-secondary education required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One year of relevant experience required; two or more years preferred. Experience working in rental housing field preferred.
- Commitment to housing as a human right.
- Negotiation and sales skills are essential.
- Ability to understand the interests and concerns of landlords/property managers, and develop effective working relationships with them.
- Knowledge of available affordable rental housing in the County, building codes and safety standards for rental housing.
- Knowledge/understanding of tenant’s rights and responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills especially in listening and mediation.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to meet a demanding workload.
- Detail-orientated to complete requirements of files and contract compliance.
- Ability to speak, write, and understand English is required; fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Proficiency using computers and Microsoft Office.
- Sensitivity to cultural and socio-economic characteristics of population served.
- The ability to establish and maintain respectful relationships and healthy boundaries with residents.
- The ability to work collaboratively with other personnel and/or service providers.
- Valid driver’s license, a car, and willingness to travel in the community
Qualified applicants should send, via e-mail (preferred) or U.S. mail, a letter detailing their interest and qualifications, resume, and the names with contact information for 3 references to:
308 E. King Street
Lancaster, PA 17602